Friday, January 29, 2016

Paper Beads with Crafter's Companion


 
 
 
Did you see the Downton Abbey Papercrafting Collection from Crafter's Companion that debuted this week on HSN?  I love it! It is the most beautiful and luxurious collection!  Today, I thought I would show you that you can use your paper supplies in creative ways to make jewelry.


 I tried to create a necklace that would be a similar style to one made in the Downton Abbey days, but rather than using precious stones and metal, I made my own paper beads.  They are simple to make - just cut long narrow triangles and then add a little glue and start wrapping around a small dowel.  Be sure to start with the wide end of the triangle.  The focal point of the necklace was made with the wooden frames from this collection.

No comments: