Friday, July 25, 2014

Seeing Stars


I have a beautiful art journal - well, the outside is gorgeous.  But I realized, I had only completed a couple of pages on the inside - so I decided it was time to do something about that.  And today, I'll share my first efforts with you.

I primed my page with gesso.  After it was dry, I lightly sprayed it with water, and used an old credit card to spread out some Art Anthology Velvet paint in Reef.
I painted Baby Blue Eyes Sorbet paint on  Hampton Art's Fancy Facade (PS0817) and stamped it to add texture.
I cut stars from dictionary pages and glued them to the page and then traced around them with a charcoal pencil.
 Next, I used the Hampton Art chevron mask from Mod Greetings (SC0641) and the Honolulu Blue Sorbet.  I love this glossy, sparkly layer.



I stamped the sentiment, but cut the words apart and inked them and glued to the page. Finally, I misted over the page with the Colorations - Waimea Bay.  For a bit of contrast, I added dots of the Dimensional Crystal in Red Corvette.

Thanks for stopping by! 



Supplies
Hampton Art Stamps:
Mod Greetings: SC0641
Fancy Facade: PS0817
I Am Not Afraid: PS0761

2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous artwork which is so encouraging! Thank you for showing the steps. BEAUTIFUL! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

nattyboots said...

Beautiful ! , Thank you for sharing