Thursday, April 3, 2014

Mixed Media Layout with Art Anthology


Today's layout is going to show you how to add stamped/painted canvas elements to your project.  It's a fun technique that adds a different dimension to your piece.

 First, I decided where my photo would go on the layout, and drew it off in pencil.  Then I added Art Anthology Gesso around the borders and misted it with Cinnamon Toast Colorations. With my finger, I added Velvet Dimensional paint in Reef, Fiji and Portobello.  Then I stamped various background stamps (using StazOn ink).

  

To make the canvas flowers, I painted Desire (Velvet) over the canvas, leaving some areas uncoverd.  Next I sprayed Paprika over the rest of the canvas to fill in.  At this point, I stamped one flower on the canvas and cut it out.  The paint will help to keep the canvas from fraying.

 For my other flowers, I painted Gesso over the painted canvas, and while the gesso was wet, I stamped the Worn Stars stamp into it (without any ink on it). This was allowed to dry completely, then the flowers were stamped and cut.

You can see the faint stars on the pink flowers.

  
 I also used the gesso to stamp the drink ring stamp on the layout.

 

 
For the final detail, I made a heart from twine and used it to frame my photo.


Gesso
Crafter's Workshop - Punchinella TCW219
Unity Stamps
Adore Words
Donna Peony
Angie Girl: Dream With Your Heart
Donna Poppies
So Blessed Itty Bitty
Wishes and Kisses
Stars of Worn
Worn Music
Cooped Up Notes
True Story (SMAK 3/12)
Graphic 45
Typography, French Country Patterned Papers

No comments: